Thursday, May 31, 2007

I love anthologies!

When I was a little girl, I owned two anthologies of children's literature, both published by Better Homes and Gardens. The first had a variety of poems and stories for younger children; the second had chapters excerpted from famous novels for children. I still own those books, and have read them many times. Does anyone besides me remember the Reformed Pirate? Sadly, they are no longer published, but recently I came across something similar, The Little Big Book for Moms . Not only does it have stories and poems, but it has recipes, songs and activities for children. It has old-fashioned illustrations you may be tempted to cut out and frame. And, there are others in the series, with different content:The Little Big Book for Dads.
Anthologies are wonderful. They will invariably remind you of a wonderful book or author you have forgotten, and must immediately introduce to your child!

No comments: